This page lists recent recall alerts for food and feed products that have been distributed to, and/or were produced here in Georgia. Recall notices come from the GDA as well as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety Inspection Service (USDA FSIS). To learn more about a recall, click on any of the links below to display the full news release. Only the most recent recalls are posted here, categorized annually by fiscal year (July 1-June 30); click on a year below to see additional recalls. Want to learn more about how recalls are classified (Class I, II or III) or other information about how they're issued?
Click here for Product Recalls 101 | Click here for retail recall guidance.
- Johnsonville, LLC - Is recalling JALAPEÑO CHEDDAR Smoked Sausage products that are sold in 14-oz. plastic packages containing 6 pieces of sausage with a Best By date 04/04/2018 and Batch ID 1001124486 or 1001124487. These products may be contaminated with extraneous materials and were shipped to retail stores nationwide.
- PDX Aromatics - (DBA Kraken Kratom, Phytoextractum, and Soul Speciosa) has initiated a recall of certain kratom-containing powder products because they may be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections. There is one confirmed case of Salmonella illness associated with PDX Aromatics products, which come in plastic pouches (28 grams, 56 grams or 112 grams). The products total an estimated 10,000 units and were sold directly to consumers via online sales between Jan. 18 and Feb. 18 of this year.
- Olli Salumeria Americana - ready-to-eat salami, sausage and pepperoni meat products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes. The products included in the recall bear establishment number “M-45334” inside the USDA mark of inspection on the product's packaging. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide and exported to Canada.
- LOTTE Intl - 1.48-ounce packages of Kancho Choco Biscuit recalled due to an undeclared allergen (peanuts) not listed on the product label. The product comes in three different packages, Kancho 42g, Kancho Cup 95g, and Kancho Multi 168g. The product was distributed nationwide and in Canada, mostly in ethnic retail stores and online stores.
- Blue Ridge Beef - Kitten Grind raw pet food lot #GA1102 (manufacture date 11/02/2017) because of the potential of contamination with Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes. This recall was initiated after the FDA received a complaint of two kitten deaths, including one death which was confirmed to be caused by Salmonella septicemia. Subsequent testing by the FDA of Kitten Grind Lot #GA1102 revealed the presence of Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes. The lot was sold in two-pound chubs that are frozen and include distribution in GA, NC, SC, TN, TX.
- Carnivore Meat Company - Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Beef Nibblets Entree for Dogs recalled because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella. Product was distributed in the continental U.S. by independent retailers and online for direct home delivery via Chewys.com & Amazon.com.
- TruPet, LLC - Treat Me Crunchy Beef Delight 2.5oz pet treats (Lot # 20190514 13753") for the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The product was distributed in the continental U.S. directly to the consumer via online sales at Chewy.com and TruDog.com.
FDA is alerting pet owners to a history of four recalls and multiple complaints associated with Darwin's Natural and ZooLogics pet foods, manufactured by Arrow Reliance Inc., (dba Darwin's Natural Pet Products) from Oct. 2016 to Feb. 2018. The FDA has investigated six complaints of illness and death in animals that have eaten the recalled products. In each instance, the company recalled these products after finding Salmonella and/or Listeria monocytogenes in samples of their raw pet food products. The most recent recall occurred on Feb. 10, 2018, recalling ZooLogics Duck with Vegetable Meals for Dogs (Lot #41957) and ZooLogics Chicken with Vegetable Meals for Dogs (Lot #41567) because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella. The company states that it only sells its products online through direct-to-consumer sales. This issue is of particular public health importance because Salmonella can make both people and animals sick.
- Panera Bread - 2 oz. and 8 oz. cream cheese products sold nationwide in its U.S. bakery-cafes Recalled due to the possible presence of Listeria monocytogenes. The cream cheese varieties include both 2 & 8 oz. packages of: Plain Cream Cheese, Reduced- Fat Plain Cream Cheese, Reduced-Fat Chive & Onion Cream Cheese, Reduced-Fat Honey Walnut Cream Cheese, Reduced-Fat Wild Blueberry Cream Cheese.
- Redbarn Pet Products - 7-inch Bully Stick three pack (in a 2.4 oz, green plastic bag, expiration date 112120ABC stamped on the side and UPC #7 85184 25105 8) recalled due to the potential for Salmonella contamination, products were distributed in pet specialty retail stores across the U.S.
- Smokehouse Pet Products, Inc. - Beefy Munchies All sizes and package types of dog treats recalled because they may be contaminated with Salmonella and were distributed nationwide. The product comes in individual bags, resealable bags and plastic tubs. The plastic tub will be labeled “Beefy Bites.” All sizes and packaging types will include a UPC code, lot number, and a best used by date of stamped on the back.
- Guymon Extracts Inc. - Fully cooked pork products recalled due to a processing deviation that may have allowed for the growth of Clostridium botulinum and Clostridium perfringens. The products include 2.2 lb. - 10 polybag pillows packed in paper cartons containing “Pork Soup with Rendered Pork Fat (from bone)” with lot code 010218-1, a product code of 61306 and a best before date of Dec. 22, 2019. The products bear the establishment number “Est. 32161” inside the USDA mark of inspection and were distributed in Georgia, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Texas and Washington.
- Sun Noodle - Tonkotsu Ramen the actual flavor packet inside is Assari Shoyu, which contains an additional undeclared allergen of fish (sardines). The mislabeled product was sold in retail Asian markets in Georgia, New Jersey, Illinois, Texas, and New York. The products affected by the recall are labeled with lot code 3217332.
- Fieldbrook Foods Corporation - Raspberry Cream Bars, orange cream bars and chocolate coated vanilla ice cream bars that were produced in 2017 due to the possibility of contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. All three flavors of ice cream products were sold under a variety of brand names at a variety of stores, including ALDI, BiLo, Dollar Tree, Kroger, Winn Dixie, Walmart, and others. Click the link above to see the complete list.
- Hom/Ade Foods, Inc - Mary B's® brand biscuits including regular and family size bags of jumbo, buttermilk, southern made, tea biscuits, butter taste and thins biscuit varieties. The biscuits have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Products were distributed to Georgia and various other states, sold in retail stores.
- Fieldbrook Foods Corporation - orange cream bars and chocolate coated vanilla ice cream bars recalled due to the possibility of contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The ice cream products were sold under a variety of brand names at a variety of stores, including ALDI, BiLo, Dollar Tree, Kroger, Winn Dixie, Walmart, and others. Click the link above to see the complete list.
- Dollar General Corporation - 12-ounce packages of Clover ValleyÂ® Iced Oatmeal Cookies (lot # L46217 30) with a best-by date of August 18, 2018 recalled due to undeclared allergens (milk, tree nuts).
- T. Marzetti Company - Southern Style and Buttermilk Biscuits under different name brands (such as Laura Lynn, Piggly Wiggly, Lowes Foods, Food Lion, and others) recalled due to the possibility of bacteria contamination from Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled biscuits have been distributed in GA and several other states.
- California Popsicle, Inc. - Polly Ann Ice Cream Bars recalled due to an undeclared allergen (milk). The product distribution may include Chinese markets nationwide. The recalled flavors include Polly Ann Mango Ice Bar UPC#7-00730-28866-1, Polly Ann Red Bean Ice Bar UPC#7-00730-26868-7 and Polly Ann Green Bean Ice Bar UPC#7-00730-26666-9.
- ALDI - Choceur Dark Chocolate Bars recalled due to the potential presence of almond pieces not listed on packaging. This product may cause an allergic reaction in customers who have a nut allergy.
- Leclerc Foods - Fit & Active Chocolatey Chip Protein Meal Bars recalled as a precautionary measure after a small piece of yellow plastic was discovered by a consumer. No illness or injury has been reported.
- Virginia Diner, Inc. - 10 oz. cans of Plow & Hearth Chocolate Covered Cashews recalled because they may contain peanuts and peanut allergens. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
- New American Food Products, LLC - several Dark Chocolate products recalled due to an undeclared allergen (milk) sold in retail stores nationwide, and it includes ALL best before dates. Brand names include various CVS Gold Emblem chocolates, Candy Break, Ocean State Candy Break, Hannaford, Market Basket and Weigels.
- Aurora Products, Inc - Dark Chocolate products recalled due to an undeclared allergen (milk) sold in retail stores nationwide. Sold in various package sizes, the products include dark chocolate covered almonds, Turbinado almonds with sea salt, cherries, cranberries, and coffee beans.
- GKI Foods - Dark Chocolate products recalleddue to an undeclared allergen (milk), distributed in various states.
- First Source - Dark Chocolate products as well as products sold in grocery store bulk bins recalled due to an undeclared allergen (milk), distributed in various states.
- Shoreline Fruit, LLC. - dark chocolate products In cooperation with the GKI Foods, LLC recall of dark chocolate products due to an undeclared milk/dairy allergen, Shoreline Fruit is voluntarily recalling select Shoreline Fruit bulk and Cherry Bay Orchards® branded dark chocolate covered cherry products.
- 21st Century Snack Foods - Dark Chocolate Almonds: Packaged in a 6 oz peg / stand up bag recalled due to undeclared allergen (milk). The chocolate was distributed in various states.
- Rucker’s Wholesale and Service Co - Uncle Buck’s and Family Choice Dark Chocolate Peanuts packaged in standup twist tie bag recalled due to the presence of an undeclared milk ingredient. The product was sold between March 7, 2016 and October 30, 2017.
- Mann Packing - minimally processed vegetable products recalled because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products were distributed throughout the U.S. & Canada with “best if used by” dates from October 11 to October 20 listed on the front of the packaging. This has led to various expanded recalls of other products; to date, none of those additional recalls are impacting Georgia. To see the complete list of recalls, click here.
- Tres Latin Foods - recalls two specific batches of pupasasdue to an undeclared milk allergen. The products were sold at natural food stores and grocery retailers nationwide, specifically:
- Tres Latin Foods - Kale & Pinto Bean 10 oz. with a "Best By" date of June 20, 2018 (062018) or June 27, 2018 (062718) UPC number 8-54430-00247-5;
- Tres Latin Foods - Black Bean & Sweet Corn 10 oz. pupusas with a "Best By" date of June 19, 2018 (061918), UPC number 8-54430-00237-6.
- GKI Foods - Dark Chocolate products recalled due to an undeclared allergen (milk), which is not listed on the product label. The chocolate was distributed in various states.
- Earthbound Farm, LLC - Organic Chopped Asian Style Salad Kit recalled with an expiration date of October 24, 2017 and UPC of 32601 95134. It was discovered that some of the bags contain the dressing/toppings packets for the Southwest Chopped Salad Kit rather than for the Chopped Asian Style Kit.
- Organic Spices, Inc. - 0.4 oz. Organic Tarragon recalled Lot No. OTW100134 packed in glass jars with a "best if used by" date of 12/31/20 because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. It was not sold via retail stores in Georgia, but may have reached customers through online sales.
- Sandridge RMH Acquisition, LLC - ready-to-eat beef products recalled due to misbranding and undeclared allergens. The products are mislabeled as beef pot roast, but actually contain beef meatloaf. The beef meatloaf constains wheat and soybean oil, which are not declared on the label. The pot roast was sold as "Publix Homestyle Beef Pot Road with Seasoned Gravy."
- Sid Wainer & Son - Jansal Valley dried chili de arbol peppers recalled due to unlabeled allergens. They discovered peanut contamination in the 1 oz containers of the dried chilis.
- Whole Foods Market - 365 Everyday Value Organic Raisin Bran recalled due to undeclared peanuts. The box was found to contain Peanut Butter Cocoa Balls cereal instead of Organic Raisin Bran.
- Great American Deli - Premium Chicken Salad Wheatberry Sandwiches recalled because they contain undeclared eggs and soy. These sandwiches were sold in convenience stores and vending machines.
- General Mills - Cascadian Farm Organic Cinnamon Raisin Granola cereal recalleddue to undeclared almonds, a nut allergen. The affected boxes have the following better if used by codes: 20MAR2018JK, 21MAR2018JK.
- Myanmar Wholesale - all packages of Thanlwin Fried Bean Snack recalled due to undeclared peanut allergens. These packaged snacks were sold exclusively in ethnic food stores.
- Prestage Foods, Inc., - ground turkey products recalled because it may be contaminated with extraneous materials (metal shavings). The products were shipped in white styrofoam trays with clear plastic film covering to retail distribution centers in GA and other states across the U.S.
- Belmont Sausage Co., - smoked turkey drumsticks recalled due to misbranding and undeclared allergens (milk). The products have a USDA mark of inspection on the packaging, with establishment number "P-21309," which was distributed nationwide.
- Garden of Life, LLC - Baby Organic Liquid because the product's instructions may be misinterpreted. The company is concerned that if not administered correctly, the product may present difficulties in swallowing and potentially pose a choking hazard to infants due to the thickness of the liquid. The product is a liquid supplement packaged in a blue carton that includes a measuring syringe. The company plans to relabel with new instructions, advising parents to only administer the product by mixing in either breast milk or formula and not to administer directly into the infant’s mouth. There has been limited distribution, but some retail stores in Georgia received the product.
- Simply Fresh Foods, Inc. - San Francisco Seafood Salad Made with Greek Yogurt due to an undeclared allergen (milk). The package includes four 4-ounce cups (113 g each, 16 oz. total) with a UPC bar code 47502 19701. The individual cups may be mislabeled as "Seafood Salad with Real Mayonnaise," without milk on the ingredients label. The outer carton's description is correct, with a correct ingredients label. The recalled product was distributed through retail stores in Georgia, Arizona, Utah, Washington, Oregon & Indiana.
- Death Wish Coffee Co. - 11-oz Death Wish Nitro Cold Brew cans recalled due to the potential of botulin contamination, which causes a potentially fatal form of food poisoning, botulism. Cans of Death Wish Nitro have been removed from the company’s online store, in addition to being pulled from retail shelves.
- Seven Sundays LLC - Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli because it may contain an undeclared allergen (almonds). The product was distributed to retail stores nationwide and comes in a red and black 12 oz. plastic pouch with a clear window on the front. The UPC Code is 8-56088-00315-6. The product is marked with the Best Buy Date Code of "SELL BY JUNE 29 2018" on the back of the pouch.
- Litehouse Inc. - OPA by Litehouse Ranch because it may contain undeclared allergen (eggs). A total of 742 cases of 11 oz. glass bottles were distributed to retailers and locations nationwide. The "Best Used By" date can be found on the top of the bottle, Best by Oct.24.17 with lot code of 13948 6/11fl LH/OPA RANCH.
- Grand BK Corp. - California Aloha Mix because it may contain undeclared tree nuts (Almonds, Walnuts and Cashews). This product was only distributed to H Mart stores, sold in a 14 oz clear package marked "Goodies" with UPC 846034010048.
- Madhava Natural Sweeteners - MMM...Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix because it may contain undeclared milk. The recall applies to all units of their MMM...Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in 13.8 oz. packages with the item UPC of 0 78314 25105 0. Product was distributed nationally through retail channels.
- Hudson Valley Foods, Inc. - Amrita Bars in various flavors because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The protein bars were distributed across the country via retail stores, e-commerce and direct sales, with best buy dates 04/24/2018 to 05/31/2018.
- Fairway ‘Like No Other Market’ ® - Fairway Brand Cookies Blondie for undeclared allergen ingredient (walnuts). The product was sold directly to consumers through home delivery programs provided by Fairway E-commerce, Google and Instacart.
- Papayas packed by the company Carica de Campeche - may be contaminated with Salmonella and several recalls are ongoing in relation to an ongoing foodborne illness outbreak believed to be linked to the fruit. Recalls are limited to states outside of GA, but product may have been further distributed, with limited information available for all retailers and small produce dealers that could potentially have sold the product in the marketplace. Information about recalled products available at this time:
- ***Expanded Recall*** Freshtex Produce - "Valery" brand Maradol Papayas distributed to Illinois (July 10-13), identifiable by the "Valery" name on the box and label grown and packed by Carica de Campeche.
- ***Expanded Recall*** Agroson's LLC - Maradol Papaya Cavi Brand grown and packed by Carica de Campeche, distributed to wholesalers in NY, CT, and NJ (July 16 -19) and further distributed to retail consumers and were available for sale until July 31. Consumers can identify the papayas by PLU sticker, cavi MEXICO 4395.
- ***Expanded Recall*** Grande Produce Papaya Maradol - Papaya “Caribeña” (with the brand name Caribeña labeled on cartons) distributed in Maryland (July 10-19). El Espanol: Grande Produce emite retiro voulantrio del mercado de una cantidad limitada de Papaya "Caribeña" por un potencial de riesgo contra la salud.
- Bhu Foods - Caribeña brand Maradol Papayas (8 different lot codes) recalled due to a potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Product was distributed nationwide in retail stores and online, but no illnesses have been reported.
- Raja Foods LLC - Anarkali Peshawari Naan Bread (15 oz package, UPC code 0-51179-99605-2, Manufactured July 1st, 2015 Thru July 1st, 2017) recalled due to misbranding and undeclared allergen (milk). Product was shipped nationwide and one illness has been reported.
- Clif Bar & Company - CLIF BUILDER'S Bar and Kid ZBar (All lot codes from 24MAR16M to 08FEB18M, 31MAY16M to 15OCT17M, 05APR16M3 to 23APR18M3) recalled due to misbranding and undeclared allergens (peanuts and some tree nuts). Product was sold online as well in retail stores nationwide, but no severe illnesses have been reported.
- Custom Culinary, Inc - Chicken and Beef Pastes (Lot codes 72505 239497 and 72505 239498) recalled due to misbranding and undeclared allergens (soy). Product was shipped to food service distributors nationwide, but no illnesses have been reported.
- Marathon Enterprises, Inc. - Hot Dogs (Establishment number EST. 8854) recalled due to contamination by extraneous materials (bone fragments). Products were shipped to retail and institutional locations nationwide with one oral injury reported.
- Texas Legend Foods - Silver Star Chipotle Queso Dip (Lot numbers 060AFV7A, 072AFV7A, 072AFV7B, 090AFV7A, 111AFV7A) recalled due to misbranding and undeclared allergens (milk, eggs, cheese). Product was shipped nationwide to retail stores, but no illnesses have been reported.
- Blue Marble Brands - Woodstock Organic Matcha Vanilla Oats (UPC Code 0-42563-01786-6) recalled due to a potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Product was distributed nationwide in retail stores, but no illnesses have been reported.
See more Georgia-related recalls by clicking below by year (organized by fiscal year, July 1-June 30):